Tuesday 5 January 2010

Stonch's End

So my son Stonch has quit writing his beer blog. Well, I can understand it, as keeping up with these things is very hard when you're a busy man. Actually, he told me of his intentions when he came "home" for Christmas and we were having one or two (it turned out to be eight) beers at the Big Lamp Brewery. Like all sensible fathers whose son has reached 21, I made no attempt to advise him. He may be right - he has got a lot out of the experience, but maybe it's time to move on.
Reading the comments on his "last post", by the way, I feel I must respond to "Anonymous" who refers to my son as a "deluded count". Not only are you unable to spell, mate, but you are totally wrong. I assure you that my son has no titled people in his ancestry.

4 comments:

ennislaw said...

My wife and I met Jeff when we were over in London this recent November. I had been following his blog (which I had discovered from yours) and was very interested in visiting his pub and tasting various cask ales. He graciously took time out of his busy schedule to talk with us.

Although I think the "blogosphere" (for lack of a better term) will be deprived at the loss of his writing and humor, quite frankly I don't see how he had much time to devote to it, if the two days we were at his pub is any indication of how busy he is. He is a really nice guy who has an amazing knowledge of beer and pubs. I wish him all the best!

papastonch said...

Thanks for those kind comments.
I believe you were off to spend a few days in Yorkshire after your visit to London. I hope you were equally impressed with the North Country.

ennislaw said...

Yes, we spent two weeks in Whitby and visited the surrounding areas in the Moors, all which are incredibly beautiful; we had a lovely time. And now I'm trying to determine when I can return!

papastonch said...

Next time, go to West Yorkshire. There are some great pubs there with long traditions. Lots of good walks and history too!
Best Wishes to you both.